Dual-Link GbE Copper and Fiber Network TAP
Dualcomm LAN Tap ETAP-2206
- Network TAP for monitoring GbE copper & fiber links simultaneously with a single monitor port.
- SFP interface for monitoring a fiber Gigabit Ethernet link (1000Base-X)
- Includes two aggregation monitors.
- Stackable to enable capturing traffic of multiple links with a single monitor port
- USB Powered
- Compatible with PoE.
- Plug-and-Play. No user configuration is needed
Dualcomm ETAP-2206 is a dual-link gigabit Network TAP with two monitor ports. Each of the two monitor ports outputs a copy of aggregated full-duplex traffic of two gigabit Ethernet links. It can be used to monitor a GbE copper link and a GbE fiber link simultaneously with a single monitor port.
One rare feature of ETAP-2206 is that any of the two monitor ports are stacking ports by which multiple ETAP-2206 units can be interconnected with one another to monitor more than two network links with any of the available monitor ports.
ETAP-2206 provides a pair of RJ45 ports as a copper inline link interface and a pair of SFP ports as a fiber inline link interface.
The pair of RJ45 ports is compatible with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), which is capable of passing PoE inline power between two RJ45 inline ports. As such, a connected PoE-powered device (e.g., an PoE IP phone) can still receive the inline power seamlessly from its PoE capable link partner such as a PoE switch.
The two SFP ports of the fiber inline link interface use the standard small form-factor pluggable (SFP) modules. ETAP-2206 itself does not include the SFP modules, which are widely available on the market for multi-mode and single-mode fiber links. Copper SFP modules can also be used to make ETAP-2206 as a network Tap to monitor two gigabit Ethernet links.
ETAP-2206 can be conveniently powered by USB power from a USB host device such as a Laptop computer.
ETAP-2206 works with any non-SGMII based 1000Mbps SFP modules. Specifically, we have the following SFP modules available for ETAP-2206:
1) DPM-1G-SX-01: SFP, 1000Base-SX, 850nm, MMF, 550m.
2) DPM-1G-T-01: SFP, 1000Base-T, RJ45, CAT5E, 100m.