Keep this one in your pocket!
Airspy Mini builds on top of the successful Airspy R2 architecture to offer a portable high performance scanner for the VHF and UHF bands.
The Airspy Mini leverages our proven low-IF architecture based on Rafael Micro R820T2 R860 and a high quality Oversampling 12bit ADC and state of the art DSP.
In Oversampling Mode, the Airspy Mini applies Analog RF and IF filtering to the signal path and increases the resolution to up to 16-bit using the software decimation. The net result is Spectacular Performance!
The coverage can be extended to the HF bands via the SpyVerter up-converter companion.
This new addition to the Airspy family is 100% compatible with all the existing software including the de facto scanning standard SDR#, but also a number of popular software defined radio applications such as SDR-Radio, HDSDR, GQRX and GNU Radio.
For a more complete list of supported software, check the download page.
- Portable VHF/UHF/SHF Radio Monitoring
- Real Time Spectrum Analyzer
- ADS-B, ATC receiver
- Radio Astronomy
- Satellite IF
- Telemetry Receiver
- Wide Band Scanner
- Ham Radio, etc.
- The gold standard SDR#
- The ultimate Narrowband Signals Analysis and Decoding Suite Krypto500
- The ultimate Wideband Signals Analysis and Decoding Suite Krypto1000
- The other excellent SDR suite, SDR-Console
- The Suiss-army SDR knife for Linux and Mac, GQRX
- Check the full list of tools in our download page
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Continuous 24 – 1700 MHz native RX range, down to DC with the SpyVerter option
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Maximum RF input of +10 dBm
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (10.4 ENOB, 70dB SNR, 95dB SFDR)
- 10, 6 and 3 MSPS IQ output – Optimized for portable and tablets
- Up to 6 MHz panoramic spectrum view
- 0.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 4.5v software switchable Bias-Tee 100% Compatible with SpyVerter and High Performance LNA
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Best software support of all existing SDRs
- No drivers required! 100% Plug-and-play on Windows Vista, Seven, 8, 8.1 and 10, all Linux Flavors, Mac and Android
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi, Odroid, Pine64 and UP boards
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 40°C
Minimum hardware requirements
- Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz CPU or equivalent
- 2GB of RAM (to run your own OS, airspy barely needs 1MB of memory)
- High speed USB 2.0 controller
- Open source multi-platform libairspy and airspy host tools at github
- Open source airspy firmware at github
- Linux kernel SDR API (by Antti Palosaari) at github
v1.0.0-rc10-6 2020-05-08 (Changelog)